Monday, December 20, 2010

We Are Home Sweet Home!

Hudson playing the piano with his jammies on and snow boots!

The Heassler clan seeing pictures from our trip.


Holly and Hudson loving the trampoline together!




Flying home on the long flight



Holly, Hudson and Kevin excited to be leaving China and heading home at last!






Waiting in the Hong Kong airport for the next flight, Santa's elf came to visit us.





Hudson trying on his new backpack for the flight home.


We are HOME! It is so good to be back and so thankful for God's protection and grace through this 2 week journey to get our son, Hudson! We arrived at the airport to an overwhelming support of friends and family. It was such an encouragement to us to be greeted home in this way. Kevin and I were just holding back the tears as we saw everyone. We had Qdoba for supper(-yum!) and then we went to our farmhouse where our pellet stove was already started and the Christmas tree lights were on. (Thanks Brett) We then were completely overwhelmed by our dear friends and family stocking our frig with fresh fruits, veg.'s, milk, treats and a meal in the crockpot! We loved the welcome home signs and balloons too! We are in awe of the support we have here and are so thankful! We are not lacking as we continue to be blessed with yummy meals. Thanks everyone!

So we were completely spent as we arrived home! I think our bodies were letting down after the 2 weeks of being up for the task and mission that was ahead of us and we were exhausted! Kevin started getting sick the last leg of the plane ride with sore throat and cough while the rest of us have stayed healthy. It took all we had in us to bring in the luggage and get the kids to bed. Holly had so much fun showing Hudson his room and his bed, in which he responded by clapping and jumping up and down when he saw his bedroom. It was so sweet to see his joy in all that we had prepared for him in the midst of my tiredness. Both Holly and Hudson slept 13 hours the first night. Kevin and I awoke at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep, even though we were so tired still. We thought about taking a sleeping pill, but we thought Holly and Hudson would be waking too. As both Kevin and I laid awake for several hours trying to get to sleep, the intensity of the trip hit us with thankfulness for the friends we had with us in China (Railsbacks and Smiths) and the friends and family who welcomed us home so graciously. We were also realizing the task ahead to show Hudson a whole new home and way of life, leaving his orphanage life behind in China. It also hit me in those early morning hours how much I missed my mom not being here to meet Hudson. I so remember her face as we brought Holly home 8 years earlier. My heart just ached to have her close by once again. I know my sister, Christy was going throught the same thing as she gave birth to a sweet baby boy, Cyrus Lee. Mom always went out to help her after she had each child. I know my mom continues to rejoice in heaven in the treasures brought to each family this year- 3 boys! So we struggled through our first day glad to be home but still needing sleep. It was great to have friends come up and visit to help us stay awake and meet Hudson! Hudson was very quiet in the morning and almost sad, but then he started to become the Hudson we had known in these few weeks. I know he was overwhelmed with a new place once again. He was very scared of our dogs at first but has made great strides today as he is loving to throw the frisbee now to Jack. He was really scared of Sadie for some reason, for she is the oldest golden we have and just lays around.

It has been a joy to see Hudson take in everything and pick things up so quickly. Holly and Hudson had a great time on the trampoline this morning and Holly was a great big sis just playing with him outside. She even said, I really love my brother! Thank you Lord! We had the Heassler/ Enos clan come up in the afternoon for a short hike, play time and craft time. Hudson and Holly were pooped by the time we were done with supper and Hudson asked to go up to bed. After showing him how to shower at home and wash his hair, he put on jammies and I showed his new snow boots. In response, he said" Wasaih" meaning AWESOME! He says this a lot when he really likes something. I'm thinking tomorrow he will wake up and put on his snow boots now!


To end this post for today, I wanted to share the verse that has meant so much to me through this journey of adopting Hudson.

It is 1 Cor. 1:8 " He will keep you strong to the end, that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord , is faithful."
I just want to say that our God has kept us strong in so many ways(not perfect by any means) but strong in Him and through the prayers of many. God has been faithful in this calling of our son Hudson, just like he did with Holly. God doesn't promise an easy road ahead in this next phase, but that's OK. I know both Kevin and I rather take the called road to what God has put on our hearts than an easy road. For our life is a vapor and doesn't last forever and we might as well make it count for what lasts forever. That is God's word and people. My Mom's sudden passing away has been such a reminder of this. I have so many memories of growing up as her daughter and just one of them is her telling me through everything the verse Isaiah 41:10 " So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; and uphold you with my righteous right hand." God has done this mightily for Kevin and I as we adopted Hudson. I pray that we can leave this kind of legacy of God in Holly and Hudson's hearts.

Thanks for coming alongside of us in so many ways and we will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment