Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some Realities

Some Realities: Holly, Rachel and I are suffering severe jet lag. Hudson is not.

Hudson is all boy: Jumping, running, poking his sister (running into the street, out into the hall, up and down the escalators and running around the peaceful Budda garden) but we can't talk to him. Oh we try, and he tries to communicate to us, but so far it has been very difficult and frustrating.

The more we try to work with Hudson the more Holly feels displaced. She is struggling mightily.

We have this Ipod app that translates but I can't get Hudson to take it seriously, that it is not a toy but I am trying to communicate with him through it.

However, we would do it again. This boy needs a family. God loves this boy and He has given him to us.

Hudson has a great spirit and he is generous. Have we mentioned that he is smart? He drinks gallons, or should I say litres of water, and washes his hands after going to the bathroom. (I didn't do that until I was 23)

Tired K

4 comments:

  1. praying for you all right now. for every single one of you. praying for rest, and the ability to communicate. Remember you are in a huge transition. you have the rest of your lives to communicate and bond. give each other tons of grace, and receive it for yourself as well. you are so loved and adored, angela dormish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pic's- I can't stop smiling, I just want you to come home today! I'm wondering about the weird guy waiving in the background of the pic with Holly and Hudson with the Statue:)haha- That's hysterical Kev- David and I are still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathryn, you don't know me... but I know you:)What a sweet niece you are to do this for Kevin and Rachel! What a blessing! I'm wondering if they are able to check their personal emails? Thanks again-

    ReplyDelete
  4. FROM KATHRYN TO KIMBERLY:: ha! thanks Kimberly! I appreciate that! They are checking their personal emails... (and YOU KNOW ME?! a bit scary, yet surprisingly wonderful!) I have been passing along comments left on the blog, since they don't have access to it.

    ReplyDelete